Monday, September 22, 2014

Current Curly/Wavy Hair Care

 
 
Hey guys!
Today's post is all about curly hair maintenance. I have suuuuper thick wavy hair that has a strong tendency to frizz and recently I've found some new products that have really helped me make myself a bit more presentable. I figured I'd share them with you guys and let you know what I thought of them.
 
Both products are part of the Girls With Curls Collection by dippity-do. I spotted them in Walmart one day and was totally sucked by the gorgeous pink packaging. Oops. I did, however, manage to restrain from the shampoo and conditioner and only grabbed the Curl Defining Cream and Deep Conditioning Treatment.
 
I'll start with the Curl Defining Cream. Before this, I've usually only used foaming mousse type products on my hair, but I've found I much prefer this more gel-like formula. I already have thick hair so I didn't really need the volumizing aspect of the mousse, only the curl-enhancing properties. This product fits my hair's needs really well. Less is definitely more with this product. My hair can usually handle a lot of product without getting greasy or sticky, but it is easy to overdo it with this stuff, so consider yourself warned. The bright side of this is that one bottle will last you quite a long time.
 
While the Defining Cream is nice, the Deep Treatment is definitely the star of this duo. It's hands down the best deep conditioner I've tried. Most make your hair feel great and conditioned and all that jazz when you're fresh out of the shower, but the effects seem to fade pretty quickly. This one, however, is really awesome for actually moisturizing your hair long-term. My hair still feels soft and smooth into the second day. The only downside is because my hair is so thick, I need to use rather a lot and only get about 4-5 uses out of a bottle. However, I will still definitely be repurchasing!
 
 
What are your favourite curly/wavy hair products? I'd love to hear some of your hair care tips! Hope you're all having a lovely day!



No comments:

Post a Comment