Monday, September 29, 2014

Autumn Nail Polish Picks


 
 
Autumn is one of my favourite seasons for a lot of reasons, but I especially love all the beauty trends that come back during this time of the year. Nail polish is a particular favourite, considering how much I love typical fall colours. I don't find the bright colours of summer to be that flattering on my hands, so I love when September rolls around and I can pull out my darker shades.
 
Today I've picked three of those to talk about. I think these are three shades that are pretty different but kind of cover the whole autumn colour spectrum. Yup, we're getting technical today.
 
The Sally Hansen in 230 Nude Now is a really nice peach-toned nude. It comes off really pink in the photo but is actually a bit more neutral. This would be a good colour to match with a lot of different things, or if you're just looking for a nude that isn't quite as beige as some others.
 
OPI You Don't Know Jacques is one of my favourite polishes, partly because it's so unique. It has a "suede" finish, which basically means that it's a matte shimmer. The colour is a really nice medium brown with a hint of gold. If I could find them, I'd love to own more colours with this type of finish. The lasting power is also really great, so that's an added bonus!
 
Covergirl's Outlast Stay Brilliant in 275 Wine Stain is another huge favourite of mine. I have a full review of the product here but to sum it up, this is a really well-formulated, opaque polish that lasts a super long time. I would definitely recommend this, considering they're not too badly priced either. This oxblood/red wine shade in particular is a really classic fall colour that I'm absolutely in love with. I'm determined to find some clothes in this colour because I definitely need more of it in my life. :)
 
What are some of your staple autumn nail polishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment