Friday, October 17, 2014

Winter Essentials | Body

As the Starks always say, Winter is Coming, so I figured I'd do a little series for you all about what I consider my winter essentials. (Also I really wanted to use a Game of Thrones references...oops).
 
 
One of the most important things to have during the colder months is a good body moisturizer. Most people, myself included, find that their skin dries out much easier in the colder months so its a good idea to revamp your moisturizing routine in order to combat that additional dryness.
 
 Some of my favourites include anything from the Vaseline Intensive Care line. They do amazing products that really hydrate but also absorb really nicely. They come in several nice scents, as well as an unscented version so that's always a plus! If you're looking for something a little more intense, a body butter might be what you're looking for. They take longer to absorb, but contain some really heavy duty moisturizers.

Next on the list is some sort of exfoliating product. Skin tends to get a little dull in the winter, so regular exfoliation will help to combat that. Freeman Beauty does a nice sugar body scrub that I like to use in the shower to exfoliate my arms and legs. However, it is waaay too abrasive for the much more delicate skin on your face. For that, I'd recommend Neutrogena's Deep Clean Daily Scrub. It exfoliates nicely without being too rough on skin. You may also want to add a chemical exfoliator to your routine, depending on your skin type.

Speaking of skin type, if your skin dries out very easily, some sort of heel moisturizer/treatment is a really good thing to invest in. Cracked, dry heels are never fun. I like to put lots on my feet before bed and then put socks on over it so it has a chance to absorb overnight.

 
I'll be continuing this series over the next couple weeks, so stay tuned for posts on winter skincare, makeup and possibly even fashion if I'm feeling brave. Thanks for reading!
 
xx Faith xx


No comments:

Post a Comment